V 6.5 enterprise content management system is first zero-coding user experience composition, bridging web, portal, social, search, mobile, and content management, with a single composite platform
BY PAUL QUIGLEY
ECM Plus +++ Jahia, provider of open source CMS has just taken the wraps off Version 6.5, in what it claims is ‘the first open source, zero-coding, next-generation CMS’, boasting a raft of new features with enterprise capabilities.
V6.5 now bridges web, portal, social, search, mobile user experience, and content management, with a single composite platform.
Jahia 6.5 offers the best of both worlds by combining the modular ease of PHP on top of the latest powerful Java frameworks. It makes it easy to build user-centric, content rich applications combining of any type of enterprise and web content. New features include:
- Jahia Studio for fine-grained template customization, and drag-and-drop website assembly using ready-made components.
- JahiaApps Forge – a community-based marketplace of ready-made templates and application modules.
- Choice of a wide variety of scripting languages, including PHP and jsp.
- HTML5 delivery of multimedia and graphical content, without the need for proprietary plugins and APIs.
- Drag-and-drop creation of blogs, wikis, forums, and data-driven charts and graphs.
- myConnections interaction from Jahia’s Interface.
- Cloud ready.
- Sustainable Open Source Business Model: the first guaranteed Enterprise contribution program in Professional Open Source.
- A unique software for both the Enterprise and the Community, with targeted license and services for paying customers.
“Jahia 6.5 makes module creation easier than ever before – more like a PHP solution such as Drupal – which is unheard of among Java platforms” commented Emmanuel Garcin, Vice President of Jahia Solutions Group. “Our new release supports the smooth delivery of data from any source, and our new Jahia Studio enables users to compose composite content applications with zero coding. Jahia 6.5 is the first iteration of a great journey ahead, together with our community, customers, and partners, to build ‘content smart’ business solutions.”
Jahia 6.5 available for immediate download from http://www.jahia.com