150+ speakers to showcase latest streaming media business models at Streaming Media East in New York City, plus dedicated tracks for HTML5 and content platforms
By ECM Plus staff
ECM Plus +++ The Streaming Media East Exhibition and Conference will be held May 10th to 11th at the Hilton New York in Manhattan.
The Streaming Media East event is aimed at media owners, broadcasters, viral video creators, online marketers, ad agencies, educators, application developers and those creatives for whom the latest online video technologies and business models are important to them.
According to the organisers, this year’s event has the addition of new offerings, including a dedicated HTML5 track as well as a ‘Broadband Device Pavilion’ that enables attendees to get hands-on with more than 25 of the latest hardware devices and content platforms.
Streaming Media East 2011 features over 150 speakers across more than 40 sessions covering the following topics:
– How to encoding video for HTML5
– Cutting the cord on TV
– Winners and losers in over the top video
– How video news has been transformed by the web and mobile
– Enhancing the OTT experience
– How streaming video Is changing the television landscape
– Strategies for preparing video for tablets and mobile devices
– How to technical set-up of live streaming production
– The impact of broadband-enabled TVs, gaming consoles and devices
– Monetization and video advertising formats
– Building a content brand using social media
– HTML5 and web video standards
– Enterprise video: phase two
– The future of video in education
– Online video platforms: simplifying the content publishing workflow
The organisers said that nearly 75% of the speakers are customers who are buying and deploying online video services and products today and include: HBO, CBS, FOX, MTV, AOL, MLB, NBA, ABC, USA Network, PBS, Starz, WSJ, TIME, Huffington Post, Roku, Boxee, TiVo, Samsung, Western Digital, Yahoo!, YouTube, Blockbuster, News Corp., NYT, A&E, EPIX, Turner, VUDU, Zune Video, VEVO, Hearst, Adobe, Cisco, Lockheed Martin, Wells Fargo, UBS, Oracle, Coldwell Banker, Boeing, Kantar Video, Mediavest, OgilvyInteractive, Euro RSCG and many more.
Running concurrently with Streaming Media East is the Content Delivery Summit on May 9th, which brings together telecom carriers, service providers, content owners, and industry vendors for a detailed look at CDN platforms and the delivery of video and rich-media content.
To register to attend Streaming Media West 2010 and the Content Delivery Summit, go to http://www.streamingmedia.com/east or phone (800) 300-9868 or (609) 654-6266.